3rd Conference of NMHM< return
At this third event we continued the historical path started in the Second Conference, speaking on this occasion of the Roman presence in the area. Also discussed was the need to seek protection and safeguard our mining heritage. We looked at the experience and methods of funding of the Riotinto Foundation and finally presented the first book of the collection ‘Famous Historical People.
Event Programme 2010
- The 3rd Event. Presentation by the Mayor of Puebla de Guzmán, D. Antonio Beltran Mora.
- Lecture: "The Roman Mining in Ribera de Malagon" by Prof. Dr. Juan Aurelio Perez Macias.
- Lecture: "Necessity for and Forms of Protection of our Mining and Heritage History" by D. Juan José Fondevilla Aparicio, Head of the Cultural Heritage of the D. P. Cultural Council of Huelva.
- Lecture: "Saving of Mining Heritage and their rehabilitation through training programs" by D. Aquilino Domínguez Delgado, Director of Rio Tinto Mining Museum and D. Francisco José Cabello Lopez, Managing Director Rio Tinto Foundation.
- Presentation of the book: "Dr. Fausto Lechuga Garcia, generosity personified” by Jose Suarez Suarez, Mining Engineer and Herrerias Association President.